Saturday, December 25, 2010

Adventures in Online Commerce: Shipping. I don't get it. (Pt. 6)




This will probably be my last post until after the New Year about my adventures in online commerce.

I've discovered that before I can actually post anything for sale in my "studio/store, I need to have the shipping figured out beforehand. No easy task, I have discovered, especially if all your items are different sizes and weights and I need to have costs for "primary" (one item) and "secondary" (more then one item) shipping. Then there is the added task of also figuring out what it would cost to send it the U.S., as well as internationally. Ugh. Too much to think about. So I decide I'll ask my local Postal person, she knows everything and is always helpful in these matters. And, she is helpful. She hands me a brochure on shipping and tells me I should go to the Canada Post website. Should be easy, I think. But, I discover everything seems to be priced from postal code to postal code. And, priced by weight. And, size. Not so easy or obvious as I hoped. Mmm...I'll definitely have to purchase a scale; then figure out what box size(s) will do; then I'll need to do some postal code to postal code test pricing.
But, it's going to have to wait until the new year...

Happy New Year, all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment