Thursday, December 2, 2010

Adventures in Online Commerce P.1

I've been toying with the idea of setting up an Etsy or Artfire site/shop over the last few months and I finally took the plunge a few days ago. My reason being, mostly, that my basement work area is beginning to get crammed with the box assemblages I make and it's time I did something about it. I chose Artfire over Etsy, not for any particular reason other than I had looked at it a few times and I kind of liked it's name (yes, yes, I know, very shallow...actually more like lazy... but anyway...). So, I proceed to sign up and started to input all the info required to set up shop.

Difficult task #1: what to call your "studio" upon signing up. "The name you choose cannot be changed", I am informed. Choosing a name, especially one you can live with, can be a challenging task; it's kind of like naming a child (with the exception that if the child hates his/her name they can change it later, much to your chagrin.).
At that point, after staring at my laptop for a few minutes (...hours...), I decide that I've had enough for the day and that it's a good time for a cup of coffee.

To be continued...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment