Thursday, December 9, 2010

Adventures in Online Commerce P. 4


I guess I can't very well keep avoiding this bio/blurb/shop's policy business. So what better way to figure this out then to read what others have wrote before you. Brilliant!
I start with shop policies, copying and pasting the ones that sound good like "all sales final" or "all items shipped by Canada Post". Anyway, I get about 7 or 8 policies posted. Well, that wasn't too hard.

Next, "the blurb". I check out one of my old cv's as I know it has an artist statement of sorts. Hmmm... I only can write 125 characters?! No matter, I'll just edit it down and take out the fluffy parts which kind of bugged me anyway. There...125 characters of slimlined beauty.

Bio.
Again, I am on the hunt to see what others have written in the bio area. Bugger. Most of them have hardly written anything! Some have written too much. Ugh. Not very inspiring, is all I can say. So, I begin by writing a "Welcome- to-my-online-shop-and-would-you-buy-something. Please?" sort of thing. Honest, direct and not very long.

And the final addition; a very nice photo, so that whoever visits your "shop/studio" knows that you really do exist.

I can feel, nay, know I'm getting closer to having my shop up and running...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment