Monday, September 27, 2010

5 things I love about "Word on the Street"


Fall.
My favorite time of year.
Not because of the fall colours, nor the cooler weather (well, I do like the cooler weather, that I'll admit.).
It's the "Word on the Street" book festival. Somehow, it's become a family tradition to attend this fest. So, here are 5 reasons I love it so (not in any particular order.);

1. The discovery of the new; new authors, new books, and not something you would find in Chapters/Indigo/ Amazon neccessarily.

2. Where else can you get a "Polkaroo" button and wear it proudly and not feel completely silly.



3. Authors! Authors! Reading, signing books and chatting with their adoring public.

4. Hey! Isn't that Giselle from TVO Kids?! Look hon, it's Giselle!

5. Book bargins and lot's of them! I try not to buy any books for weeks before hand, just for this. And, giveaways! Stand in the right spot for a few minutes and some one may even offer up a freebie!

So, there you have it. Only another 364 days until the next one. "Word on the Street", I await you with baited breath.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment