Thursday, October 6, 2011

Think Different






Like many others, I was very sad to hear about Steve Job's passing last night. But, I'm not going to wax poetry about all this. I'll leave that to the others more capable then myself. I'm going to tell a personal story instead.
My son, who is now 12, is a very big fan of Apple and Mr. Jobs. When he was younger, I remember him watching every "keynote" that he could find on You Tube. He would watch them over and over again. He practically could recite them by heart. He had me upload "Mactracker" on my iPhone, so he could read about the different Apples/Macs and their specs. He made me buy each new MacWorld, when we would visit the bookstore.
I didn't have the heart to tell him about his hero, "Steve", as he was getting ready for school this morning. But, his father and I will probably have this conversation later on today with him. I know he will be very sad. So, what will I say to him? I will tell him the best tribute he can pay to his hero is to do well in school (I know, very "parent" of me.), to believe in yourself and to remember that just because you create something in your garage, doesn't mean it can't set the world on fire.

(Btw, the above photo is the "Apple" car, that my son made for a Kub Kar rally a few years ago.)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment