Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wise Words

Did you ever have a saying that just resonates with you? My mum always use to have one that she used to say to me (in Dutch, of course); "every sock needs an old shoe". To me, this meant, there was always someone out there for someone else. Great.
Which brings me to something that was said to me the other day by my most favorite cousin, who was in visiting from New Mexico. We were suppose to meet for coffee and breakfast, but our plans were waylaid by unforeseen circumstances.
I was telling my cousin how sorry I was that I would miss her time around. She told me that there was a saying about such circumstances; "If you wanted to make god laugh, tell him you plans." Wonderful.
This definitely will be in my thoughts anytime things don't go as planned.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment