Friday, July 15, 2011

The Battle of Hogwarts Lives on My Coffee Table.

I have a really lovely glass coffee table in my livingroom. But, unlike most coffee tables, which house very expensive coffee table books, mine does not.


What it does house is a Hogwarts Castle. A Lego Hogwarts Castle.


This would probably be enough to cause a cardiac arrest to any number of interior designers; I can just imagine Colin and Justin busting through my front door and accusing me of a number of interior faux pas, especially having a plastic castle plonked on such a lovely coffee table in the middle of my living room (to be *truthful*, there was a time I wanted a "home heist", but not now.).


"Hogwarts" has been living on my coffee table since the Boychild built it at Christmas. I kept thinking it would eventually be moved down to his Lego table in the basement (silly me.).


I have to admit, it has grown on me. Whenever I'm on the phone, I sometimes find myself adding and moving around the "minifigs" to my own amusement (The Boychild will move them back to their "proper" places.). It's become a silent game of sorts between us. I suppose he'll eventually get fed up and remove it to the downstairs out of my clutches.
But, as I write this, "Hogwarts" remains steadfast.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a lovely decor piece for your living room! I had similar things over the years in various parts of the house. I think you're a great mom for leaving it there. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sassy. I think scecretly he knows I enjoy it. The other day he asked me if I wrote my letter to Santa and reminded me I should ask for "Diagon Alley", which he would "help me build", of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that we should care what Colin and Justin think.. but I bet they would find this absolutely charming. Makes me miss the days when my kids would create neat stuff and leave it in all sorts of inappropriate places. We once had a headless, naked Barbie doll on the kitchen island for about a month - not half as charming...

    Enjoy these days, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing what the kids leave lying around, isn't it? I think there should be a HGTV series called "Let The Kids Decorate It". Could be an improvement in some cases.
    At least Colin and Justin couldn't accuse me of having wooden cabinets in my kitchen, in any case.
    I just realized, I misspelled "secret". I shouldn't answer these things without the right amount of coffee.

    ReplyDelete