Monday, April 18, 2011

When Mail Goes Astray...




I received this lovely package back after it's 'round the world tour, courtesy of the Royal Mail. It was sent off to a mail call way back in February. As it never arrived at it's destination and had missed the deadline (I knew this, as the person who was running the Mail Call had kindly been in touch and was keeping me informed by email, of course!), I just resigned it to the Lost Mail Fates.

As you can see, it arrived home safely yesterday with some lovely new stickers ("no such address"). Upon closer inspection, I had indeed forgotten to write a number in the postal code portion of the address.

I guess the saying "measure twice, cut once" goes for sending mail as well.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's such a shame Louise!

    On the plus side, I've been talking with the good folk at Westminster libraries and it looks likely that we will try and get a book printed of the Little Big Stories for the shelves. If that happens, then your Little Big Story will make an appearance in there. I'll try and keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andy:)
    It's a great project (and anyone reading this should go and check it out online.).
    I will definately be double checking (triple checking) my addresses whenever I send something now.

    ReplyDelete