Friday, January 29, 2010

Victorian Toy Theatre pt.2

So you have all your supplies now, what's next? Well, I just spent some time thumbing through the few Dover books I had ( if you don't have any, the local library probably has some and it's free. You can also sign up for the Dover Sampler online. Also a freebie.).
Unfortunately, I don't have any of the architectural books, so I just chose images I felt would work and did some altering/covering. I did some of this in a photo program on the computer; you can use photocopies if you don't have access to a computer/ scanner. I printed out my front wall and back wall images on cover stock, rather than regular bond paper; it's heavier and it tends to attach to the foam core a bit better and doesn't bubble up as much. I used matte medium instead of white glue for this for the same reason. It spreads more evenly.
The size of your theatre: well, you can be like me and just wing it or you can be organized and already have you front, back and foam core floor all nicely cut to size, so you don't end up with a pile of foam core in foam core purgatory ( I have the photos to prove it!).
Just for the record, the front and back of my theatre are approximately 7 x 9.5 inches. The floor is approximately 8 x 12 inches. This is just the way it turned out. Just remember, measure twice, cut once or you will end up with many pieces of mis-cut foamcore (which I guess you can always use for other projects.).






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment. I'm not entirely up on my Kanji, but the picture of the girl your link leads to is rather cute. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete