Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Die Cold. Die hot.

I'm in New Hampshire and I can't remember it being so cold. Ever (it's -15c or 4.5 f ). Anyway, my brother-in-law, Ted, who is from Texas, brings up the theory that would you die quicker being dropped in the middle of a forest in New Hampshire, naked on an extremely cold day (like we were having that day), then you would if you were dropped in the middle of the Texas desert, naked, on it's hottest day. This, being the reason why people prefer to live in warmer climes then colder ones. Well, I don't disagree that hypothermia wouldn't get you within a few hours in option 1, but at least it would be quick. As for option 2, I admittedly hate hot weather, so being dropped in the middle of a desert would be a slow, painful demise, no water and horrendous heat exposure , not to mention the possibility of spontaneous combustion (which could be fairly quick, come to think of it.).
My final word on all this, however, is that it all adds up to which you prefer, if you like a more seasonal climate, you'll choose option one; if you like hotter weather, you would go for option two.
Happy New Year, Ted.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment