Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stuck in an elevator with Judith Merril


A friend of mine was telling me about a "steampunk" display (Steampunk: Alternative 19th Century Futures) that was on at the Merril Collection that I might want to check out. It got me thinking about the time my friend, Helen, and I got stuck in an elevator with SF author Judith Merril ( who the collection is named after.) at an Ad Astra Convention many years ago. Aside from her being a fine author, she also did the hosting duties when TV Ontario was showing "Dr. Who" (classic), so she was a bit of a local tv personality in that respect.

Anyway, she was very nice and we had a good chat while waitng for them to get us out of the elevator.

It was the one time I actually didn't mind being stuck in an elevator.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment