Thursday, March 17, 2011

Two Hands Good


It's amazing how much we use our non-dominant hands. Really.
Finally, after a bit more than a month off with tendinitis in my left hand, I can finally get back to the things I enjoy the most and will try guitar playing in the next week to see how that well goes. But what I was truly amazed at were all the little things I couldn't do because of it, like typing on my computer (sorry, one fingered typing does not cut it), opening a bottle or a jar, using a can opener (not electric), working on my assemblages and collages (a personal disaster I might add), cutting things with an exacto-knife or a kitchen knife (dangerous at the best of times), writing letters (hey, I still need one hand to hold the paper in place, right?), just to name a few things of which really require 2 mitts. Oh, and it was just irritating. Period.
But, that doesn't mean I didn't do anything. I continued my painting class (although making acrylic skins and transfers was a bit, mmm, difficult; fortunately my transfer mojo was working); I even got some mailart postcards/ATC's ready for a IUOMA mailer using my computer, a Wacom tablet and even one using an app on my IPhone (Really!) . So all was not a complete loss. As for my Artfire shop, you know, the one I had been blogging endlessly about? Well, the few items that were going to go in it actually sold (which is good), so I will need to make some more, but since it requires 2 good hands, they will just have to wait. But, I did eventually figure out an easier way to work out the shipping (also good).

So, there you have it. I didn't abandon you, my 10 (maybe 11) dear readers. I was just on a self imposed hiatus due to circumstance and that can sometimes be alright.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment