Friday, February 27, 2009

When is blue the new black?


Yesterday, the zipper on my black, retro-styled Eddie Bauer winter coat finally bit the dust after 10 years. Since it's still February (and winter), I needed to find a new coat. I did not think that looking for a black winter coat, at this time of year, would prove to be such a task. If I wanted summer wear, no problem! Winter coats, well that's another story (why couldn't that bloody zipper hold out until spring?!).
I did finally track down a winter coat in the very small "Lands End" department at the local Sears store. I found a very nice winter coat that should serve me well for the next 10 years...in blue. There were no coats in black.
And that is why the new "black" is blue...well, for me, anyway.
(At least it has racing stripes. Everything is cooler with racing strips.)

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment